In last 2,3 years, Internet has aggressively penetrated in Pakistan. One of several advantages of Internet is that it allows you to make money out of it, and several Pakistanis are effectively earning a handsome amount online using different methods depending upon their interests and skill set. There used to be times when making money over Internet needed programming and web development skills but it isn't the case now. Today, there are so many easy ways to make money online living in Pakistan or anywhere. But since this article is intended to Pakistani readers, so there is a list of methods that are popularly being used by Pakistanis over Internet for making money online.
1. Facebook PagesMaking money with Facebook pages is the latest trend, specially in Pakistan. You create a Facebook page, bring as many likes on that page as possible to build an audience base. Post interesting stuff at first to make the page even more popular and appealing. When those pages become somehow popular, many website owners contact you to post their website links on those pages, in case it doesn't attract website owners, there are many such websites where you create account, they give you website links, you post them on your pages, and those websites pay you according to how many people clicked on links you posted on your page. Moreover, region of fans has extreme importance, page having majority of fans from USA is likely to earn more money than having majority of fans from any Asian country.
2. Uploading FilesYou upload files on free hosting websites and when someone download those files, you make money. There are many websites who are working on this model and allow you to make money by uploading files on their servers. Those files can be anything, a video, a software, photos etc.
Some of the popular sites working on this model are ShareCash.org, Uploading.com, DepositFiles.com, Ziddu.com, TurboBit.net. These websites have different criteria to pay, some pay per download, some per 1,000 downloads and some upon 10,000 downloads. All you need to do is upload files on these websites, and spread the download link.
3. Online SurveysMaking money through online surveys is another easy and Pakistani way to earn money from internet. But this method has limitations, number 1, most of popular surveys are not intended to Pakistani users, number 2, if they are available to Pakistanis, their pay rates are extremely low.
This is an easy method, survey asks you question and you select/give a suitable answer. You can give this method a try by visiting mysurvey.com or cashcrate.com, these two are popular survey sites.
4. Paid-to-Click / PTCThis is yet another easy method. You don't need any technical skill. You just create an account, ads appear on your screen, you click on those ads, and get paid. But it has limitations just like online surveys. Legitimate PTC sites doesn't work effectively in Pakistan because pay rates are very less for Pakistanis and mostly people just give up on them. But in case this method interests you, you should start from some of the popular PTC sites like neobux.com and bux.to.
5. YouTube VideosMaking money by uploading videos on YouTube is another most popular method. Unfortunately YouTube is banned in Pakistan but in case government unblock it, you should give it a try because several people are making so much many through YouTube that they even quit their jobs.
Methodology is, you make interesting videos, upload them on YouTube, YouTube gives you option to monetize those videos, you avail that option, YouTube puts ads on your videos and you make money whenever someone watches your videos.
6. FiverrFiverr is a popular website where you can provide any kind of service for $5. Service can vary depending upon your skill set. You will get a better idea of what kind of services you can provide on this site by visiting that site, because there are even such people on Fiverr who say "I will pray for your health for $5". It isn't very easy, but it isn't very difficult either. All you need to do is provide a valuable and interesting service.
7. oDesk - ElanceThese are popular freelancing websites. You create account there, select your expertise i.e. what kind of services you can provide. Services don't need to be programming or designing at all, there are many easy jobs like writing articles, collecting some kind of pictures, posting comments on different forums, social networks, blogs etc.
Methodology is, you create account, select your skills, complete your profile, website shows you available projects, you bid on those projects, if your bid is lowest and accepted (which means you are willing to work on that project for the lowest amount than others), you submit your work under given time frame, you get paid.
8. Online StoresThis is another emerging technique Pakistanis are using to make money. There are now many online stores that are selling a range of products and customers make payment upon delivery. If you can make any product or your family is in a business and you think that your products can be sold online, you must choose this option because it is better scope than rest of above methods.
Methodology is, you create an e-commence website (don't feel burden, its very easy and economical to create such site), you list your product on that site, you advertise your products on Facebook/Google, customers place orders on your site, you contact TCS office to create your cash-on-delivery account (its a one time process), they create your account after documentation, you send your customer the products they ordered, TCS pays you check of all orders placed during a month. Daraz.pk is a popular local example of this model.