This is not the case with newspapers only but same is the case with Pakistani news channels. There are so many things that make top Pakistani newspaper more of a depression-agent. Following are the points that make newspapers worst medium
1) Front page is all about politicsNo other news on front page. Front pages of all newspapers are voluntarily or reluctantly dedicated to government and politics.
2) Every news agency supports a particular political partyEvery Pakistani knows this. Every channel and every newspaper is supporting their favorite party. No more balanced reporting. Every news report is biased and made up to support their favorite political party.
3) Support particular agendasNot only political parties, they also have their own agendas. Some want to strengthen relationship among countries and some support Kashmir issue.
4) Show cheap adsAren't you sick of these ads?
5) Promote stereotype thinkingor these ads?
6) Promote superstitionsThey promote superstitious easy-solutions to life biggest challenges.
7) No verification of what stuff they are advertisingDo they even know how many jobless people get into traps of these anonymous recruiters? No. They dont care about the reputation and feedback of services and products.
8) Glorify crime and under rate all good happeningsThey would give you every detail who ki11ed whom, how, where, took how many minutes etc.
9) No further updates on previous reportsThey really don't care. One day they make one news their headline and the next day they would stop reporting it as they find another breaking news. They don't bother to tell you how a particular case ended.
10) Old writing and design patternsSome headlines are so compressed that they create headache for readers. No one knows why those signs above headings are used. Same layout since ages, same 'baqia on page 12' thing.
11) Portray different parties in different way in different regions
Ever compared two editions of same newspapers issued in different cities? try it. You would see the difference that how same newspaper portrays a political party in different cities. You would be surprised to see how they portray MQM in Karachi and in Lahore, same is the case with rest of the political parties.