However with the changing lifestyle and modern times, several activities have been taken over by technology as well. People prefer not to do things that used to be fun at times. Here is a list of some of the most useful things and most boring things one can choose to do on Eid Day.
1) Visit RelativesIt is a good idea to visit your relatives and spend time with them. See how they are doing, compliment their Eid preparation, taste their home-made dishes, get to know who is doing what.
2) Invite them at your homeOr may consider inviting them at your home. Enjoy conversation with cousins, aunties and uncles having tasty meals alongside.
3) Call your old-contactsAnother good idea is to connect with the people who used to be your colleagues, friends or subordinates. We all have several people in our phone list whom we hardly call.
4) Give a hand in Qurbani stuffThis is something real practical one can do on Eid ul Adha. Several families prefer to sacrifice their animals by themselves and many choose to get it done by butchers. Even if stuff dealt by butcher, you can still manage several aspects of sacrificing an animal, distribute meat etc.
5) Do a Family Photo-SessionIts fun posing with your family, taking selfies with your siblings and even doing a complete photo session with your family members on Eid Day when you get time.
6) BBQIt is already in fashion and people love to do it. It makes your Eid complete, kind of. So at night, B.B.Q. is best activity to chill with your friends and family.
7) Visit nearby placesIf you have done things mentioned above and still get free time, go outside with kids or friends to nearby places where kids can have fun or you can have a good time with your friends. It is still better than spending your day on bed or sofa at home.
8) Visit the graves of departed onesDo not forget the ones who were with you last year or before that. Keep them in your prayers on Eid day as well. Visit their graves, shower flowers on their graves and pray for them.